Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Spoiler alert

Spike - http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Spike_season_six_7.jpg


Nowadays we watch TV differently.

We binge-watch seasons after they are finished.

How does this change fandom? 

Well for starters, fans are no longer safe reading and writing about a show they love until they know they have completely caught up or the next episode still hasn't been released. 

For example I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix, and it's seriously awesome, why didn't I watch it before? Oh yeah, because Netflix didn't exist. So as I was watching it, and I was really into it, I was frustrated because I couldn't look up anything about, say, Buffy and Spike banging, without possibly spoiling part of the ending.

The same thing happened when we finally decided to bite the bullet and watch Breaking Bad. Around the last season, we started binge watching all the seasons, but couldn't quite catch up in time for the final episode to be SPOILED for me, with no warning. Sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment