Tuesday, October 21, 2014



I'm participating in Nanowrimo 2014 this year. If you haven't heard of it, it's a web-based challenge to write a book in the month of November... NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth. I had heard about this for years but always thought "later" or "next year" or "when I'm older" but hey I'm pretty damn old now and you don't know how long life is going to last so I decided, fuck it, I'm doing it.

I don't start writing until November, but a lot of people have suggested writing an outline or doing research ahead of time, and I think that might help me actually finish this project (I've started many stories but never finished a long one).

Without giving too much away, it's a crime novel set in Canada and I need to do research on how crimes are investigated in Canada. My imagination is far-too influenced by American crime tv shows and novels and I keep thinking FBI etc. There IS a CIA in Canada but it isn't a department, it's a way of analyzing criminals. But I'm not setting my story in the States... I want a story set in Canada, and I'm going to write one.


No comments:

Post a Comment