Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Baked Parmesan Zucchini Bites

Baked Parmesan Zucchini Bites


I had a zucchini, and some random cheese shreds at the bottom of the container.

What I made was simple, refreshing, a bit spicy, and really reminded me that simple ingredients are the way to go when you are hungry and have no idea how to cook anything and the idea of a recipe is a bit too much for you.

I take no credit for the original recipe, but I did alter it a bit to suit my cupboards. Thanks to Elle for her Crusty Parmesan-Herb Zucchini Bites recipe. I changed it by using a bit of mozzerella on top of the parmesan, and a good sprinkling of dried chilis rather than the rosemary and thyme she used.

I only had one zucchini but now that I have tried this, I'm so buying a bunch and making a zucchini appy dinner.

The zucchini was soft in the middle, with a bit of firmness and the flavours went well together. It reminded me of decontructed zucchini sticks. If you are careful with the cheese this could be quite healthy, and it's a snap to put together. I was already exhausted so I threw some frozen chicken chow mein in the microwave and that was dinner!

Ingredients:

1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
olive oil
parmesan
mozzarella
dried basil, parsley, and chili flakes
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush (or in my brush-less case, gently and weirdly caress) the zucchini with olive oil, lay on a parchment or foil covered baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, parmesan, mozzarella, basil, parsley, and chili flakes. Bake for 15 minutes, crank on that broiler, and broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese. (Personally I sit in front of the oven and watch the cheese bubble, but that's just me and my broiler-wary self.)

No comments:

Post a Comment